Watch | Donald Trump launches blistering attack on judges
- Donald Trump lashes out at judges during police chiefs’ conference
- Trump says court proceeding “disgraceful” and “a sad day”
- Trump insists: “I won’t call courts biased. But so political.”
- San Francisco judges could rule as early as Wednesday on ban
- Who are the three judges who hold Trump’s travel ban in their hands?
- Anger in Senate as Elizabeth Warren blocked from reading letter by MLK’s widow
Donald Trump has angrily denounced the three judges hearing his travel ban appeal, describing the process as “disgraceful” and saying it was a “sad day” for the United States.
Addressing a conference of police chiefs, Mr Trump told the crowd he had listened to Tuesday’s hearing with dismay.
“I won’t say the court was biased. But so political,” he said.
Mr Trump attempted to litigate the case himself, reading at length from a document and commenting on how it proved the legal foundations of his travel ban – which was halted on Friday.
Mr Trump went on: “I listened to lawyers on both sides last night, they were talking about things that had nothing to do with it.
“It’s so sad when you read something so perfectly written and so clear to anybody. I watched last night in amazement and I heard things I couldn’t believe.
“I don’t ever want to call a court biased so I won’t call it biased, and we haven’t had a decision yet, but courts seem to be so political. “But it would be so great for our sysem if they could read something and do what’s right.”